Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Inspiration of the Day - DAVID FeBLAND -

DAVID FeBLAND
" Many of these paintings may look like directly observed events, but they’re not. I make liberal use of the infrastructure of the world around me and, using a variety of sources including memory, produce paintings that are entirely studio inventions. My paintings reflect the insights and doubts many of us share but often can’t find the language to express. I’m luckier than most because over time I’ve developed the voice to articulate these ideas. In fact, I’d say that my paintings are all about the small idea. If my work is successful, if it has significance, then each painting represents a building block which, when seen over the life of a career, serves a greater purpose, a larger idea that is expressed in the fullness of time. "





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...