Friday, November 26, 2010

Miio is a cool place like that :p an Introduction and Review

It`s needs 5 months since i joined miio to write this review, been busy with real life and honestly don`t know how to start it cos i`m not a social networking expert or a professional writer. So you will read this review from a miips point of view :)

Miio has been talking on buzz for 2 weeks before i decided to join. I`m not sure though, don`t want too many social networking you know lol. So short the story i sign up! xD. First in my head is the name, miio. why the creator named it miio?. My first guess was they`re a cat person. meoww-miio, get it?. If you decide to join, you will see a lot of cat pics there posted, then it make sense for me where the name came from haha. I`m a dog person tho, so i posted my dog as my dispic. But, we`re not talking about dog-cat relationship here, are we? :)

Miio came from the idea where miips can share they`re interest and get into the conversation, write a review and get a feedback, ask question and get answer, or you just wanna say something and get reply ( or not ) haha. The diffrence between miio and other social networking, i feel personally is the warm welcome from the miips. You don`t feel like a stranger there. And that`s why miio is a cool place like that :)

However, as a kiddo in this playground we always more option to play. Here`s what i think about miio. I will try to capture my screen to show my idea about what i want to see on my miio page :)

1. Miio Frontpage.
Miio frontpage for me is like kids website. I`m not so like probably because all the icon they put there. Don`t hate me guys, you know i heart you right? :D. So i came with the idea simple but eye catchy. I replace the icons with big miio logo. Miio is a new company, should be in people head after their first visit. That`s why i put the big miio logo in the center and public messages side by side on front page to attracted people. Seeing public message in real time i think will tempting people to sign up. What you think? :)


2.MyTimeline Page.
My timeline page for me is desolate :D, the reason probably because the white background and there`s a empty space on right side.
So this is my idea for my timeline page. The background i want to change it with color. It`s just if you stare at white background it can hurt your eyes. So i hope in the future we can option for choose background color. Let`s make it limited only four colour each of miio logo background. I like blue so i choose blue :). I add one column on right sidebar for public messages, i know it looks like twitter but i want miips can instant join the conversation, knowing whats happening in miio in real time.

3.Sidebar
About the left sidebar i don`t have any complain. I like it!. It`s handful, easy, and fast to access miips account.
  1. sidebar : you will see all your notification here. as you can see i have 2 replies to my post,1 group messages, and 1 notification, each with difference highlight,pretty cool huh?.just click it and it will generating.
  2. People : this is where your friends list,people that follow you,you followers or you can search miips from here.
  3. Group : your list of group that you joined (public/private),feature group,or you can create group from.easy!
  4. Edit Profile : you can change your profile information, change username and password, and account email address here.
  5. Edit Setting : this is where your mobile phone setting, general notification & message setting, refresh mode, cancel account (it`s permanently).
  6. Invite: This is where you send invitation to you friends through email contacts, social networks, an invitation, or share the link.
  7. Twitter : You can connected your miio and twitter here. There`s a setting which miio post you want publish on twitter.8. Photo : you can setting your profile pic and create album here.
Facebook and twitter has changed the way people connect these day. Email used to be the main tool to connect people in internet. Now it`s slow and sure its replace by facebook messages, soon there will be facebook email, and twitter DM. In every concept of design, simplicity is always be the best. Simple design and simple to use, in social networking and micro blogging world i may add easier to share information. I think that`s why facebook and twitter success. Miio is only 2 years old. In the future i hope miio will find its identity.

If you haven`t sign up, give it a try.
If you already are, i say HAPPY HOLIDAY MIIPS! :)

Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...